Thursday, June 26, 2008

Life is good especially when there is chocolate...



I'm really bad at keeping this updated very frequently, but things have been going great in Costa Rica. On Saturday we had a soccer tournament in La Carpio for the boys. It was a fun, there were a ton of people who showed up to play and watch! Also, during the weekend, I experienced a "tico" move. It has been about a 3 week process and will probably continue until I leave in August. But the house is nice and I'm settled in a bigger room.

This week has been great! I got to bake cookies with some girls on Wednesday! I needed a sweet fix, and we had a lot of fun making them. Sarah or "Sarita" came on Wednesday as well and I'm so excited she's here! Today, Sarah came to La Carpio along with one of my friends Chelynne from language school. We made bracelets and cake!

Tomorrow we are leaving for camp at La Montaña. We are taking a group of 40! 2 girls cabins and 2 boys cabins! I'm so excited. A lot of the kids have never even been outside of La Carpio, so this will be a huge experience. Be praying for safety, for us leaders, and the kids! The Lord is going to do some awesome things!

These pictures are of the soccer tournament and baking!

No comments: